KARESİ Architecture of Journal has adopted the rules of universal publication principles. In the studies prepared within the framework of scientific and international rules; all components of the publication process (publishers, editors, authors, referees and readers) must comply with ethical principles.
These ethical principles have been prepared in accordance with the guidelines and regulations of the Higher Education Institutions Scientific Research and Publication Ethics Directive (https://www.yok.gov.tr/Sayfalar/Kurumsal/mevzuat/bilimsel-arastirma-ve-etik-yonetmeligi. aspx) prepared by the Publication Ethics Committee (COPE/Committee on Publication Ethics) (https://publicationethics.org/) and published in open access.
1. The author(s) must not submit a work published or submitted for publication in another publication to the Journal of Architecture.
2. The works submitted by the author(s) must be original. The author(s) should accurately refer to and quote the sources they used during the writing of the article in accordance with ethical principles. In addition, it is the author's responsibility to obtain copyright permission when necessary for visual materials.
3. Situations and relationships that may constitute a conflict of interest/unity of interest regarding the works submitted for publication should be explained.
4. Persons who do not contribute to the content in the creation of the study should not be mentioned as authors. It should not be suggested to change the order of authors, to remove and/or to add authors of a study submitted for publication, to remove or add authors.
5. Information, explanation or raw data about their articles can be requested from the author(s) during the evaluation process.
6. The author(s) must have a document showing that the rights of use of the data used, the permissions related to the research/analysis or the approvals of the participants they have researched have been obtained.
7. The author(s) has the right and obligation to contact and cooperate with the editor and/or editorial board for information, correction or withdrawal procedures in the event that he/she discovers an error related to the study during the evaluation or early appearance phase.
8. The author(s) should upload the document showing that ethics committee approval (ethics committee name, decision date/number specified on the first or last page of the article or ethics committee decision specified in the method section) has been obtained for the studies requiring data collection by quantitative or qualitative methods such as experiments, questionnaires, scales, interviews, and observations.
9. The papers presented in scientific meetings can be proposed to be published as articles in the Journal of Architecture by expanding their contents. If the article has previously been presented anywhere as a paper, thesis, etc., or prepared by using project/research support (the study that is the basis of the article, by which persons/institutions it is supported), it should be stated in the ‘Thank you and Information Note’ section of the journal writing format.
10. The author(s) should avoid bias, general opinion, slang, dominant culture and cultural assumptions in the text.
11. The author(s) must respond to the assessments of the reviewers in a timely manner.
1. Editors are neutral. Referees should endeavor to meet the information, skills and experience needs of the author(s), researcher, practitioner and reader, to give feedback when necessary, and to act in accordance with the principles of clarity on issues that require correction and explanation in the publication process.
2. When deciding on the publication of articles, editors take care that the articles are original and contribute to scientific field publication, readers, researchers and practitioners.
3. Editors evaluate the original value of the studies, their contribution to the field, the validity and reliability of the research method, the clarity of the narrative and the purpose and scope of the journal.
4. Editors take the applied studies into the preliminary evaluation stage by the editorial board, take into account the arbitrator's suggestions and do not change the decisions made by the previous editor(s) unless necessary.
5. The editors implement the bilateral blind refereeing and evaluation process policies that are among the publication policies of the journal, keep the identity information of the referees confidential, and ensure that the impartial and timely evaluation process of each article is completed.
6. Editors provide the authors with descriptive and informative notifications and returns.
7. Editors submit the articles taking into account the field of expertise of the editors and referees, and support the impartial and independent evaluation.
8. Editors provide the information and guidance that the reviewers will need during the evaluation phase.
9. The editors guarantee the independent and impartial completion of the publication process of the works, taking into account whether there is a conflict of interest - unity - between the editors, referees and the author(s) for the impartial evaluation of the article.
10. Editors ensure that the referee pool is inclusive and continuously improve it.
11. Editors block unscientific assessments that do not follow academic etiquette.
12. Editors ensure that journal publishing processes are operated in accordance with publication policies and guidelines, keep them informed of developments in publication policies in the process and prepare training programs when necessary.
13. Editors communicate effectively with everyone involved in the publishing process and hold meetings at regular intervals for the development of publishing policies and journal.
14. Editors are responsible for publishing each article published in the journal in accordance with journal publishing policies and international standards.
15. Editors ensure the protection of personal data in the studies evaluated, and protect the individual data of the author, referee and readers.
16. Editors are obliged to ensure the protection of human and animal rights in the studies evaluated. They care about documenting the explicit consent of the participants in the studies and are obliged to refuse to work if they do not have permissions in experimental research where ethics committee approval is required for the participants of the study.
17. In case of complaints about abuse of office, editors make an objective investigation and share the relevant findings.
18. Editors ensure that judgments containing errors, inconsistencies or misleading in the works are corrected.
19. Editors protect the intellectual property rights of published articles, defend the rights of the journal and the author(s) in case of infringement. They also take the necessary measures to ensure that the content of the published articles does not infringe the intellectual property rights of other publications.
20. Editors take into account consistent criticism of the studies published in the journal, and give the right to respond to the author(s) of the criticized articles.
21. Editors are obliged to examine the complaints from the author, referee or readers and make the necessary explanations.
In the article evaluation process of KARESİ Architecture Journal, the principle of double-sided blind refereeing is applied, which the author(s) do not know the referees and vice versa. Referees cannot communicate directly with the authors; the article evaluation forms and the notes and correction requests specified on the text are forwarded to the author(s) through the journal management system. In this context, referees who will evaluate the articles applied to Karesi Mimarlık Journal should bear the following ethical responsibilities:
1. Only agree to evaluate articles related to his/her area of expertise.
2. It must be impartial and conduct objective and scientific evaluation in confidentiality.
3. In accordance with the principle of confidentiality, they should destroy the studies they examine after the evaluation process, but use them after they are published.
4. The evaluation should be made objectively only in relation to the content of the study; issues such as nationality, gender, religious belief, political opinion and commercial anxiety should not impair the impartiality of the evaluation.
5. When they understand that there is a conflict of interest/unity in the evaluation process, they should inform the editors by refusing to review the study.
6. Make constructive criticisms in accordance with academic etiquette and avoid personal comments involving insults and hostility.
7. They should evaluate the article they have agreed to evaluate within the deadline.
8. Inform the Editor(s)of any suspected ethical violations.
KARESİ Journal of Architecture uses the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ/https://doaj.org/apply/transparency/). Transparency principles are taken as a reference in scientific publishing. In accordance with the publication policy, the content of the journal can be accessed online at no charge. Karesi Journal of Architecture does not charge any product processing fee and article submission fee. Anyone can view and download articles in PDF format from the journal's web page.
It is a common-periodical publication and is published twice a year.
As the evaluation process and period after uploading an article to the Karesi-Architecture Journal system;
1. Pre-Check (4 to 6 weeks),
2. Evaluation (10 to 14 weeks)
3. Layout arrangements (4 weeks) is carried out in 3 stages and in a total of at least 24 weeks.
However, all these processes may vary depending on the intensity. The studies uploaded to the system can only be withdrawn by the authors in the preliminary control processes.
The authors are responsible for the publications published in KARESİ Architecture Journal. Any committee of the journal is not responsible for the opinions and opinions contained in the published articles.
During the article submission phase, a publication agreement is signed between the author(s) and Karesi Journal of Architecture. This agreement grants the copyrights of the published article to the author(s), completes the ‘Copyright Transfer Form' in the journal system and transfers the publication rights and all related privileges to Karesi Journal of Architecture.
In the event of a behavior that does not comply with the ethical principles related to editors, referees, authors; or an unethical situation related to an article in the evaluation process, preliminary evaluation or published, the journal should be notified by e-mail provided in the web address.
The authors are responsible for the content of their work and must adhere to the principles presented under the title of ethical responsibilities of the authors. The submitted studies are checked by the authors for plagiarism with iThentcate ® (Plagiarism Detection Software) and similar programs (excluding resources). Studies with a similarity rate of more than 20% are rejected by the journal editorial board.